Promoting your book doesn’t have to be a daunting task. It can be fun, but must be executed with precise planning. Promoting a a course in miracles in the proper manner will generate interest. People will start buying the book, and you will reap the benefits of your hard work through money and popularity. When promoting your book, the possibilities are endless. The more creative your methods are, the more likely you are to catch people’s attention.
- One of the most important things about promoting your book, no matter how you went about having it published, is to always have a few copies on hand. Keep a few in your car when out running errands or traveling. And be sure that in case you run out of on hand copies, that you have a way for people to order your books.
- One of the best methods to get attention is to start distributing complementary copies of the book. People love freebies, especially when it comes in the form of a gripping murder mystery or a sensual romantic escapade. If the book is good enough, news will spread and people will buy the book. If you have copies to spare, you can leave sample books in your favorite coffee shops with flyers. The book may disappear, but giving it away is a good way to promote your book, because it gets people reading and talking about it.
- You will have to begin with distributing pamphlets and mass-advertising sessions. This is going to cost you money but like people are saying – nothing ventured, nothing gained.
- Book signings are another great way to promote your new book. But try to think outside the box. Book signings don’t have to be in a bookstore. Depending on what your book is about, try a specialty store. An example would be if you wrote a book on healthy cooking, try a book signing at a health food store. To arrange a book signing, try speaking with the manager of the place you want to sign at. In addition to having books to sign and sell, have a little write up on you and your book along with how people can go about ordering it.
- Radio and newspaper interviews can also help promote your book. There are always empty spots on radio and in newspapers that need to be filled, so why not speak with your local radio station or newspaper to see if you can help them out. Send reviews to local and national magazines.
- Participate in a book fairs. Also, try local fairs in your area like health fairs, job fairs, etc. that focus on the theme of your book.
- Optimize your web presence, if you do not know how, learn! It is becoming increasingly important to get internet exposure. There are many people who will hear the title of your book when a friend talks about it, and then decide to look it up online – and if they can’t find it, you have likely just lost a reader. Not only that, but offering your book online makes it possible for anyone anywhere in the world to find your book.
- Get on Amazon.com, and promote your book there. There is a “real name” feature that people can use to link back to your book. Write reviews on similar books and get into discussions. Be seen, and get attention that will lead back to your book. Having your book listed on Amazon is really the easiest way to ensure that there are always copies available. Most people who use the internet are at least a little familiar with Amazon and will be able to get your book delivered to them quickly.
- Get a website – this is very important, you need a website as soon as your book is out. Also, if you have a website dedicated to the book, and ordering available on the website, this is a great way to promote your book. Create a promotional website for the book. Domain names can be created for as low as $9 per year. Once the domain is created, it is best to fill it with excerpts from the book along with testimonials from respected authorities. Ensure that the URL of the domain is included as the signature in your emails and posts on discussion-boards. You need to connect your website directly to your book’s page on many sites i.e. Amazon.